Wow. I didn’t realize it’s been 7 months since I last updated this blog!!! I’ve been so caught up with Youtube! I don’t really see the point of still blogging about my life when I regularly upload vlogs on my channel! But I realized, I miss writing.
I had an amazing weekend at Mark’s hometown! We visited the Puzzle Mansion in Tagaytay, ate really good coconut cream pies, had bulalo, and spent time with Kuya Bhok and Patrick (Mark’s uncles) my vlog during this trip will be up soon!
On our way back to Manila, Mark and I had this discussion about getting a desktop assembled. If you follow me on my social sites you know that I’ve been earning for a Macbook Pro. I was using my 4-year old netbook and it has slowed town tremendously so I really needed an upgrade. I’m earning for so many things and Mark suggested to get a desktop instead and be able to afford a fast desktop AND a camera upgrade (Canon)
On that day itself (Monday), I went to Gilmore to purchase a full set of desktop. With the help of Mark and his uncle, I was able to know which parts I should put together.
I hate all the techy stuff because I don’t really understand any of it. All I want is a really high-speed desktop which will enable me to multitask!!!
As you all know, the internet is my life. This is what I do for a living!
Problems with my MSi netbook:
- it is only suitable for browsing the net and document-creating
- I have to allot a WHOLE day of converting the files of all my videos before editing them
- Live Movie Maker hangs and gives me a headache (corrupting files)
- NO MULTITASKING (so it’s basically one full day for converting, one full day for it all to load in Live Movie Maker and another day to edit) IMAGINE THE CRAZINESS!
- it’s just not performing well anymore
But I do thank my MSi netbook for opening a lot of wonderful opportunities for me. It has been a great 4-year relationship!!! All my 600+ videos on Youtube were edited using my MSi!!!
Now moving on to the newest desktop, I just wanna share the specs since people have been asking me!
This is going to be really techy, so brace yourselves!
- AMD A-SERIES A10-5800K (3.8GHZ) 4-CORE/HD7660D/4MD CACHE UNLOCKED SOCKET FM2 PROCESSOR
- ASROCK FM2A55M-VG3 SFM2/A55/2DDR3/S/PCIE/1PCI/DUAL GRAPHICS/ALL SOLID CAPS/GLAN MATX MOTHERBOARD
- KINGSTON 4GB DDR3 HYPER XBLU 1600MHZ (KHX1600C9D3B1/4G) WESTERN DIGITAL 500GB SATA 3.0 7200RPM CAVIAR BLUE HARD DRIVE WD5000AAKX
- LITEON IHAS-524 24X SATA LABEL TAG BLACK DVDEW
- NEURON TITANS 8388 RED BLACK TRANSPARENT ATX W/PSU CASE
- SAMSUNG 18.5” LS19A100 LED/(1366X758)/5MS BLACK OR
- A4TECH KRS85200 A-SHAPE BLACK KEYBOARD PS2 & MOUSE OPTICAL PS2
All of this cost PHP19,740.00 (originally 20,000+ but if you pay in cash they would give you a dealer’s price!)
I was saving up for a PHP60,000 Macbook Pro and went for this instead. I saved a lot of money!!! Let’s forgive the fact that I cannot bring this desktop anywhere, but heck, I am able to accomplish more work now!
I bought all of this from PC Express, Gilmore.
Apparently, this set up has a really high processing unit blah blah so I am able to multitask and edit so much faster. I was able to put up 6 new videos in a matter of 2 days! Such good news!
That’s all I wanted to say for today’s Morning Coffee Reads
Hope this was helpful if ever you’re planning on purchasing a desktop.
Special thanks to my Mark for always giving me ideas and supporting me all the way, I love you baby! And Patrick for answering all our questions about the parts!! Thanks Pat!