Tuesday 2 August 2011

Sunday Diary: 7/31/11 Shopping, New Business Card Design, Macchiato and Waffles

Slept pretty late the night before but I still woke up at 9:10AM. I felt extra weak to hurry up and prepare for church so I decided to just skip it. There are just days when I don’t like to move. Missing one Sunday won’t send me to hell, anyway. As always, I made myself some breakfast. I told my momma I’d meet them at the mall instead since I have to meet a customer, and I have to get some work done, too. So I took a cold shower at around 10:30AM (it was pouring rain, and we rarely use hot water for baths) I was supposed to put  full makeup on since I’ll be meeting a lash customer, as I have said; but I left the house with my glasses on and minimal foundation on. It was one of those days when I didn’t want to doll myself up. I reached the mall at around 11 in the morning and went to Etude House to buy makeup remover! I officially ran out. Instead of the Eye and Lip Makeup remover, I gave the Mascara remover a try. It was more oil-based than that of the Eye & Lip Makeup Remover. Cost me PHP 198.00. Watsons was my second stop. I usually haul products from Watsons, but ever since I started my lash business, all the money goes to the capital.

It was at Watsons where I met Karen. One of my customers! I was pretty conscious about what she would say since I didn’t look made up at all. She was so nice to me! She actually talked lan nang we to me. She’s Chinese, as well! She was really sweet! We talked for about 5 minutes and then we said our goodbyes. Karen gave me a loot bag! Full of products which I can really use. My customers/readers are the sweetest. Imagine ha, these people knew me through my blogs and the support they show me is tremendous. It just brings tears to my eyes.

Back to shopping.

Maybelline released this new product from the Clear Smooth line, and I wanted to get it! I went to the department store since I wanted to check out the other counters. For some reason, Watsons did not appeal that much to me that day. I did a haul video on the things I bought, and I’ll be posting it here as soon as it goes live.

After shopping, I went to my refuge [when internet connection gets fucked up at home]…Caffe Ti Amo! I was their first customer for the day! The baristas actually know me already! They’re such a friendly staff. I feel so at home in that place.

Here is the view from my favorite 4-person table. I always sit here since there’s enough space for all my things!DSC02732DSC02729In order to be able to stay in there for 5 hours, tops, you have to order. Always having “the usual” as my order, I wanted to change things a bit. I ordered the 4-Cheese Savory Waffle and a hot cuppa Caramel Macchiato. The latter was actually suggested by the barista. DSC02737The Caramel Macchiato was absolutely perfect for the rainy weather that day. I was never a fan, but after having this, I’m surely gonna go back. IMG_3387Look at the caramel…. Mmmmm.DSC02725I love how Caffe Ti Amo served the drink on a glass mug, and not the usual cups.IMG_3394The 4-Cheese Waffle took a good 20-25 minutes to cook. The smell of almost-cooked waffles is the best! Sprinkled confectionary sugar and drizzles of caramel syrup on top!DSC02734I took this (below) shot with my iPhone, and it sure looks amazing! Is your mouth watering?IMG_3395I had to catch up on YouTube videos, and the first one I watched was Judy and Benji’s cake tasting! I did it while I was eating my waffle! Watching people eat while eating sure makes the experience 10 times yummier! Try it. I always watch Nigella while I eat something sweet! Don’t you?IMG_3397After watching videos, I had to go to work. By work, I mean answer emails—including sending the contract that I signed with StyleHaul, answers to the Ask Say Q’s from my blog, lash customers, school assignments, and a lot more. I spent the first 30 minutes coming up with a new design for my business card. I wanted something classy and elegant for a change. I also wanted to incorporate my logo in the card. I felt the need to add originality! I officially launched the “Infinite Beauty Logo” for my beauty blog, as well. You can read about it here. I feel very accomplished when I had them printed. “You always have to have your calling card in your pocket.”—that’s what our Marketing professor told us. Opportunity pops the least you expect it! IMG_3407I left the cafĂ© at 3:10PM to film. I was able to film 3 videos before the storm took all my daylight away. I had a lot of catching up to do (vlogs, tutorials, blog entries) and I got so fed up of our internet connection that I decided to go back to Caffe Ti Amo to continue my work.

You see how hectic my Sundays are? I wish I can have a 1-month vacation.

Say

No comments:

Post a Comment