Saturday, 28 May 2011

Tuna Omelette, Volleyball, Condon Bleu Gone Bad, Kung Fu Panda 2

May 28, 2011 (Saturday) I woke up at 11:00AM today. Felt kind of extra hungry so I made myself some tuna omelette for breakfast. (No poached eggs today…) I used Century Tuna’s Corned Tuna and mixed in one (1) egg. No seasoning, whatsoever. Just mix together and fry (non-stick pans are the best! I rarely use oil anymore) One of the most yummiest breakfast I’ve ever had. I had a bowl of Quaker Oats’ Oatmeal with this dish. I nomnomnom-ed all the way.nom1-horzI had to get ready for volleyball playing at my old high school at around 2:30PM. It has been  a longtime tradition for us (former varsity players) to play with the current team (for the sake of game-practice and reuniting as well). I’ve played for SJ for 5-8 years when I was still studying there. It was pouring rain when I left the house, and I hated the rain! Did you know that rain or the cold weather in general, does something to our muscles (I clearly forgot the scientific term for it) but that process is the one responsible for our “feeling tamad” or wanting to do nada when it’s cold. Rain and sweating don’t mesh well—so if it rains and I am working out, I make sure I stay inside a closed room. IMG_0696-horzOur gym is located at the basement, so it didn’t feel that cold—which is good. It felt great to step back into the court! It’s been such a long long time since I played. When I practiced my serving, I’m pretty sure my back broke again! I still have it, but I need to sharpen my skills again! Ahhh the kids are so strong! I can’t believe I’m all rusty! We played a pretty good game. I think we managed to finish 6 sets all in all. How I missed playing… It is and will always be my #1 sport! This was a pretty awesome workout for today. IMG_0700Here’s a snapshot I took while waiting for the car. Malacanang always looks beautiful at night! Even in the morning, too! Perfect for jogging.IMG_0706-horzWe finished playing at around 6:00PM and after changing, I had dinner with Agnes, Danika and Lareina. We dined in at The French Baker. And I really must say—I hated this particular meal. (Why??? You’ll find out if you read on…) I don’t have any decent photo of myself to share since I looked so tired, my hair was being disobedient, and I had a huge zit on my forehead! I’ve been stressing myself too much lately! Lar managed to goof around despite everything! IMG_0724I had Chicken Cordon Bleu with Rolls. Looks delicious? Maybe for the corn and carrots, buns and mashed potato. But not the freaking Cordon Bleu!!! Would you just look at it?! It’s almost BURNT! It looks as hard as it feels!IMG_0726-horzThe outer breading was hard as fuck. I could barely slice it! I think I needed an ax to do it. The chicken and cheese inside tasted fine…but something tells me they re-fried the whole thing. You know what I mean? Or maybe they overdid it! Whatever it is…I am not happy.
SUCH A DISAPPOINTMENT, THE FRENCH BAKER! Tsk tsk tsk. But you know I still love you! I think the best time to eat @ The French Baker is at mid-morning, lunch time, or after lunchtime. We ate at 7:00PM and all the bread were almost gone, and numerous items from the menu were unavailable anymore.
After eating, we went to get tickets to a movie. We had the 9:00PM last full show for Kung Fu Panda 2. Kung Fu Panda 2Since I was craving for something sweet, I bought M&M’s and a lollipop before entering the movie house. This M&M’s cost PHP40.00 (holy pricey shit!) 8.50 PHP cheaper in the supermarket, too! The lolli cost PHP 10.00 which is fine… It was chocolate-vanilla. Mmm. IMG_0733I fell asleep in the first 15 minutes of the movie!!! I think I was just super tired from playing… couldn’t help but doze off for a bit. Well, I woke up when I saw the baby panda! So cute! I’m not going to say anything about the movie since I don’t wanna spoil it for anyone who has yet to watch it! But one thing’s for sure—it’s a good movie!
We finished at around 10:30PM. The mall was already closed by then. I dropped Lareina and Danika at their places and I got home by 11:15PM. I was greeted by a beautiful package from Neutrogena! Ta-dah! I’m sure you know what this is…IMG_0736By the way, I changed the mechanics for my two (2) ongoing giveaways. I spent the whole night + morning blogging about it, too! So it would be so cool if you read and understand it pour moi. Here is the link. The changes are quite necessary. I explained everything as clearly as possible, so I am hoping I don’t get a lot of “?” for it. I’m really excited for my 20th Birthday Giveaway! Just read the same post on how to join!

No comments:

Post a Comment