Wednesday 1 February 2012

Skin DeTox: Tea Talk

DSC08327

If you are a watcher of the awesome BenjiManTV on YouTube, you would know about his Tea Tuesdays videos. I am an occasional tea drinker—meaning, I drink tea whenever we dine in at Chinese restaurants and stuff like that. Seeing Benji’s videos made everything much more exciting to try out! It’s amazing how many variants there are of tea.

I started looking around for tea to try out in December, and of course the first place I landed on was my favorite Healthy Options! They have this whole shelf full of tea! I think there are over 50 types of tea in there.

I picked up the Skin DeTox by this brand called Yogi.

Skin DeTox—Helps Purify the Skin | 100% Natural/Herbal Tea | Contains 16 tea bags

“Our skin reflects our diet and lifestyle choices: it’s the mirror to internal health. It’s just as essential to cleanse from the inside; by reducing internal impurities, you can have clearer, glowing skin. Yogi Skin DeTox was formulated to support a healthy skin care regimen by shedding impurities. Fragrant Rose Petal and Hibiscus, used in Ayurveda to cool and soothe the skin, entice the senses with a fresh, floral scent. Traditional liver-cleansers Burdock and Yellow Dock combined with ancient “blood-cleansing” Red Clover help purify the skin, and Organic Green Tea rejuvenates with an antioxidant boost. Discover beauty from within in a deliciously cleansing tea.”

DSC08328DSC08333

I’d drink this tea twice a day, one in the morning, and another cup before I go to bed. I haven’t really seen drastic changes on my skin, given that I tend to work really late at night and go to bed at around 3AM/4AM/5AM. Nevertheless, drinking this tea played a huge role in calming my nerves and giving me an overall sense of relaxation. I don’t think any other beverage would give me the same feeling.

Another think I love the most about my Yogi tea? They have quotes on the tea bag handles!!!

IMG_7925IMG_7927IMG_7941

A box of this tea cost me PHP 240++ for 16 tea bags. I haven’t repurchased from Healthy Options because for the past month I have been drinking tea from Chinatown—the kind which you really have to brew [tea leaves] before drinking them (without the tea bags).

Drinking tea is really something everyone should make a habit of. The benefits of tea are endless! I still have a lot to try out.

What kind of tea do you drink?

7 comments:

  1. Wow i love it ! Say, where i can buy this tea? Thank you!! Stay pretty as you are!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you know that peppermint tea health benefits helps in aiding weight loss as well? Peppermint tea is naturally calorie-free. So when the hunger pang strikes you it is wise to take a cup of this pleasantly sweet tea that will keep you full without adding additional calories to your diet.
    shop now:
    buy weight loss tea

    ReplyDelete
  3. On that website page, you'll see your description, why not read through this. best cleanse for weight loss reviews

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for a very interesting article. I greatly appreciate the time you take to do all the research to put together your posts. I especially enjoyed this one!!I really liked your Information.

    Detox Tea Benefits

    ReplyDelete

  5. Great blog. All posts have something to learn. Your work is very good and i appreciate you and hopping for some more informative posts.Detox Tea Benefits

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing valuable information for us, this Order Detox Drinks are really useful for all young age people.

    ReplyDelete