Friday 11 May 2012

I Blew A Fuse

Hi everyone!

It’s 11:25PM as I am writing this blog entry. I’m supposed to be filming right now, but let me tell you what happened…

db102a7a9b6e11e19dc71231380fe523_7

Everything was ready. My set-up was perfect. White background, beautiful lighting (thanks to the awesome studio light I bought this morning) The only thing I needed was an electric fan since I closed the windows to prevent the noise from the people singing karaoke outside come in and interfere with the audio. So there I was plugging in the fan to the same extension outlet where the studio light was plugged in.

I hit the record button.

“Hi everyone! Ito ay isa na namang Tagalog tutorial…blah blah blah…” (tongue got twisted, take two)

“Hi every…”

BAM!

The freaking fan exploded! Oh maaaan…

What’s worse is that all the other electric outlets were affected! The main computer shut-down, hence, the Wi-fi also went down. Thank God the air conditioning units were not affected.

I tried re-positioning my set-up & using another outlet but I felt too shaken up because of the explosion. So I called it a day and told myself to film tomorrow instead.

What a waste of foundation and effort.

Anyway, after cleaning up my filming area, I took off my makeup using Pond’s Deep Cleanser and Makeup Remover which my sweet friend Annie gave me from Cebu.  It works amazingly well! I love using a clean face towel to wipe it all off. Tissue works well, too! I just hope they sell it at Watsons! Annie got it from S&R.

Third night of trying the Alba Botanica Acnedote set. My formal review regarding the products will be up on my beauty channel after 4 more nights. This is just going to be a little “in-the-process” review on the products.

IMG_4576

I see to it that all my makeup is off before I use the Deep Pore Wash. This won’t lather at all. But you will really feel the medicine-y smell of this face wash. No stinging, no bubbles, no anything. Just the medicine-y smell—which I believe is because of the 2% salicylic acid that it contains. After rinsing, your face will feel really smooth. Dab off excess moisture with a clean towel. Up next is the Deep Clean Astringent. Use a cotton pad or a cotton ball. Now this part will sting. I apply this astringent to the areas with breakouts. I see to it that I fan my face after applying the product on each area because IT STINGS SO BAD! The astringent also has 2% salicylic acid and claims to reduce breakouts in 8 hours. The stinging sensation is the indication that the medication is really seeping through and doing its job with the stubborn acne/breakouts. During my second use it stung so bad I swear my my eyes teared up. But it’s nothing you can’t handle. You just need a little getting used to. Anyway, after the astringent comes the invisible treatment gel. It also has 2% salicylic acid and claims to give you clearer skin in 4 hours! I apply this gel on the areas with acne and blemishes. Again, the stinging will happen. Ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch! I tell you, you will need a fan onhand so you can fan the stinging sensation away!

All the stinging will go away in about 5 minutes or less, do don’t worry. My skin is getting clearer and clearer after just 3 uses! Acne bumps are gone, but my skin has become even drier, and flaking on some areas are visible. I’m going to test it out for a few more days and see how it works on me before I give my final verdict and review in my beauty channel. So far, I am very impressed with these AcneDote products.

ff7314749b6211e18bb812313804a181_7

Anyway, let me tell you about the studio light! I was looking at this website yesterday & inquired about their lighting equipment suitable for home filming. The owner was very helpful and gave me really good recommendations. I was planning to buy it in June pa, perhaps before my birthday which is on June 6. But for some reason, when I woke up this morning, I told myself, “I should get the lights today, as in right now.” THAT’S how impulsive I am. So I told my mom, “Ma, I’m gonna go pick up the studio light before going to work.” And so I did! An impulsive, but necessary purchase. That’s one thing crossed off my birthday wish-list [which I’ll be posting up soon!]

It’s 7 minutes till midnight, and I feel sleepy. Can’t believe a blown fuse ruined my filming night. Well, I can’t win them all! I did feel so happy about everything today—so I guess blowing a fuse balanced everything out.

I think I’ll go lie down now, I hope I catch Stewie on TV.

Daily blogging from now on. This will definitely prevent backlogs.

Good night, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment